Kerala Government Scheme 'Thalolam' for children
Thalolam is a Kerala State Government scheme for providing free treatment to children suffering from chronic diseases. The scheme is being implemented by the Kerala Social Security Mission.
The scheme provides free treatment for children under 18 years of age for kidney disease, heart disease, cerebral palsy, fracture bone disease, hemophilia, thalassemia, sickle cell anemia, orthopedic disorders, other neuro developmental disorders, endosulfan and emergency surgery. The scheme came into effect from January 1,2010.
A patient will get Rs 50,000 for first aid. Additional funding will be available based on the decision of the Superintendent, Head of the Specialty Section concerned, and Head of the Radiotherapy Section.
Hospitals receiving free treatment: -
- Govt. Medical College Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram
- Govt. Medical College Hospital, Thrissur
- Govt. Medical College Hospital, Alappuzha
- T Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram
- Govt. Medical College Hospital, Kottayam
- IM C. H, Kozhikode
- Govt. Medical College, Kozhikode
- C. H., Kottayam
- Co-operative Medical College, Kannur
- Regional Cancer Center, Thiruvananthapuram
- District Hospital, Aluva, Ernakulam
- Sree Chithira Thirunal Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram
How to apply: -
No special application required. Based on the economic and social analysis conducted by the counselors of the safety mission assigned to the respective hospitals, the benefit of the scheme will be applicable to the children of the families who cannot afford the cost of treatment.